This post contains affiliate links.
At the and of each year I like to do a little “year in review” on the blog and reflect on what happened in my life (and on this blog) in the previous year. A lot has gone down in 2018 and for the most part I feel like this has been a great year! I turned 35, took a few fun trips, got to spend some time with friends and family, got to touch a celebrity, lost some weight and just overall had a pretty great year.
There have been a some downs and I got my heart all twisted up and made some pretty big life decisions but overall I’m pretty happy with the way 2018 went. It was definitely a year of growth and I think I did my word of the year, fierce, some justice.
So without further ado and rambling from me, let’s get into my 2018 year in review…
- Set my New Year’s Resolutions for myself and for this blog
- Became obsessed with collagen peptides…and still use them ‘err day
- Found a new hair lady
- Went to see Finding Neverland at the Orpheum in Memphis
- Turned 35
- Traveled to Seattle and watched 50 Shades Freed on opening weekend
- Visited the OG Starbucks while in Seattle
- Discovered sheet pan meals…what a lifesaver
- Started back on my journey to lose weight
- Became obsessed with Mindy Kaling after bingeing The Mindy Project on Hulu and immediately ordered both of her books on Amazon and read them in a weekend
- Made this ridiculously amazing Creamy Chicken Spinach Mushroom Pasta with Sun-dried Tomatoes…I am obsessed with sun-dried tomatoes
- Decided that I have a love/hate relationship with Instagram
- Wrote one of my most popular blog posts ever that brings a TON of traffic to my blog on the daily…about running shoes
- Professed my love for all things DryBar
- Had a weekend full of adventure with my niece Paycen
- Got my first lash lift and dermaplane
- Got a new summer ‘do
- Shared my thoughts on Instagram Pods (you do you) and SSL Certificates (get yours installed correctly immediately)
- Went to Memphis to visit the Memphis Zoo and Aquarium
- Went to my first Texas Rangers Baseball Game in Dallas
- Saw Maroon 5 in Dallas…again
- Officially put my house on the market
- Sold my home, found an apartment and moved in three weeks. It was CRAZY FAST
- Discovered my new fave go-to crockpot meal…Chicken Taco Soup
- Got back into going to the gym…it’s never too late to start those New Year’s Resolutions…HA
- Finally got professional headshots for my blog
- Went to Ohio for a week to see my Neenee
- Discovered a new brand of bras that I am obsessed with
- Officially started the Profile by Sanford program
- Traveled to Lubbock and touched Kliff Kingsbury’s hand
- Watched my niece, Paycen, compete in a few pageants… #PageantAunt
- Struggled through a Perioral Dermatitis flare up
- Conquered my fear of heights…sort of…at Fritz’s Adventure in Branson
- Went to Waco Texas and visited Magnolia Market
- Went to the Dallas Arboretum and saw the pumpkins in all of their fall glory
- Revamped my skincare routine for my Perioral Dermatitis
- Celebrated EIGHT YEARS of blogging
- Discovered leggings…I know, I know, I am so behind
- Went to Dallas for Thanksgiving and watched Texas Tech lose to Baylor
- Had my first Wellness IV experience
- Talked about my goals for staying in shape and eating right over the Christmas holidays
- Got sick with Strep and then a sinus infection so I didn’t exactly follow through on my goals of staying healthy through the holidays…oops
As you can see 2018 was a super crazy, beautiful, busy year! Here’s to hoping 2019 is a little calmer but just as fun!!
Stay safe if you’re going out tonight!!
Happy New Year!!
I remember seeing some of the photos and your posts throughout the year. Been busy. Hope 2019 brings you more happiness.
It sounds like you had a fun and very successful year! We had a adventuresome year ourselves and I can’t wait to see what the future brings!
It looks like you had a very successful year! But, I have to say I’m most impressed with you moving in 3 weeks! Dang, that’s a time crunch!
It was pure madness, I didn’t expect my house to sell so quickly and then the new buyers wanted to move in ASAP!! LOL!!
Amber Myers says
It looks like you had a pretty fabulous 2018. I hope 2019 is wonderful for you! Happy New Year!
Cherri Megasko says
Indeed, it sounds like a busy year. But it looks like you had tons of fun as well. I haven’t made it to Magnolia yet, but I’m living in Texas now, so I’ll get there eventually.
I really enjoyed reading your Year in Review. 2018 was pretty amazing for you. Looking forward to what amazing things 2019 has in store for you.
Tomi C says
Happy New Year! Looks like your 2018 was full of travel. Way to go! Looking forward to reading your adventures in the year ahead Ricci.
Thanks!! Happy New Year to you too!!
You certainly have had a busy year! I will have to peruse this list and check out what you have been up too!
McKenzie Allyshia says
It sounds like you had a very fulfilling 2018! I hope that you have an even better 2019 ♥ Happy New Year!
Thank you! Happy New Year to you too!!
You have certainly had a busy year.. I don’t know that I would even be able to remember what I did at the beginning of last year! Sounds like you have had a great year, between the move and all the fun things you’ve done.
Good thing for this blog or I wouldn’t remember what I did either! LOL!!
sara lafountain says
Wow, you have had an amazing year! Your new blog photos are simply gorgeous, I just love them! Good luck in 2019!
Thank you!! Happy New Year to you!!
Terri Beavers says
My year looks so bland compared to yours. You really did make the most of your time and have inspired me to do more in 2019.
I’m sure you had a great year too and I hope 2019 is even better!!
It looks like you had quite an amazing year. I’ve loved following along on your blog and can’t wait to see what 2019 holds for you!
Cheers to all that was in 2018 and whats to come in 2019! And yay to finding a new hair lady! Thats a major win in 2018 right there!
bohemian babushka says
Wow and Woah. 2018 definitely was a full year for you young lady! Happy that you’re grateful for your life, that’s a sure sign you’re ready for more. Have a fantastic 2019.
Happy New Year 2019! Sounds like you had a wonderful 2018! I’ve been taking collagen peptides on daily basis, i am obsessed.
What an amazing year!!! I hope 2019 is even better (minus the sick spells) and I cant wait to read all about it!!!! Annster’s Domain