This post contains affiliate links.
At the and of each year I like to do a little “year in review” on the blog and reflect on what happened in my life (and on this blog) in the previous year. A lot has gone down in 2018 and for the most part I feel like this has been a great year! I turned 35, took a few fun trips, got to spend some time with friends and family, got to touch a celebrity, lost some weight and just overall had a pretty great year.
There have been a some downs and I got my heart all twisted up and made some pretty big life decisions but overall I’m pretty happy with the way 2018 went. It was definitely a year of growth and I think I did my word of the year, fierce, some justice.
So without further ado and rambling from me, let’s get into my 2018 year in review…
- Set my New Year’s Resolutions for myself and for this blog
- Became obsessed with collagen peptides…and still use them ‘err day
- Found a new hair lady
- Went to see Finding Neverland at the Orpheum in Memphis
- Turned 35
- Traveled to Seattle and watched 50 Shades Freed on opening weekend
- Visited the OG Starbucks while in Seattle
- Discovered sheet pan meals…what a lifesaver
- Started back on my journey to lose weight
- Became obsessed with Mindy Kaling after bingeing The Mindy Project on Hulu and immediately ordered both of her books on Amazon and read them in a weekend
- Made this ridiculously amazing Creamy Chicken Spinach Mushroom Pasta with Sun-dried Tomatoes…I am obsessed with sun-dried tomatoes
- Decided that I have a love/hate relationship with Instagram
- Wrote one of my most popular blog posts ever that brings a TON of traffic to my blog on the daily…about running shoes
- Professed my love for all things DryBar
- Had a weekend full of adventure with my niece Paycen
- Got my first lash lift and dermaplane
- Got a new summer ‘do
- Shared my thoughts on Instagram Pods (you do you) and SSL Certificates (get yours installed correctly immediately)
- Went to Memphis to visit the Memphis Zoo and Aquarium
- Went to my first Texas Rangers Baseball Game in Dallas
- Saw Maroon 5 in Dallas…again
- Officially put my house on the market
- Sold my home, found an apartment and moved in three weeks. It was CRAZY FAST
- Discovered my new fave go-to crockpot meal…Chicken Taco Soup
- Got back into going to the gym…it’s never too late to start those New Year’s Resolutions…HA
- Finally got professional headshots for my blog
- Went to Ohio for a week to see my Neenee
- Discovered a new brand of bras that I am obsessed with
- Officially started the Profile by Sanford program
- Traveled to Lubbock and touched Kliff Kingsbury’s hand
- Watched my niece, Paycen, compete in a few pageants… #PageantAunt
- Struggled through a Perioral Dermatitis flare up
- Conquered my fear of heights…sort of…at Fritz’s Adventure in Branson
- Went to Waco Texas and visited Magnolia Market
- Went to the Dallas Arboretum and saw the pumpkins in all of their fall glory
- Revamped my skincare routine for my Perioral Dermatitis
- Celebrated EIGHT YEARS of blogging
- Discovered leggings…I know, I know, I am so behind
- Went to Dallas for Thanksgiving and watched Texas Tech lose to Baylor
- Had my first Wellness IV experience
- Talked about my goals for staying in shape and eating right over the Christmas holidays
- Got sick with Strep and then a sinus infection so I didn’t exactly follow through on my goals of staying healthy through the holidays…oops
As you can see 2018 was a super crazy, beautiful, busy year! Here’s to hoping 2019 is a little calmer but just as fun!!
Stay safe if you’re going out tonight!!
Happy New Year!!