This post contains affiliate links.
This past weekend I posted a pic of this amazing pasta dish I made on Instagram and immediately started getting texts and DMs asking me for the recipe so I’m assuming it looked pretty good?? It tasted AMAZING if I do say so myself!! There is just a special kick that sun-dried tomatoes add to a recipe, YUM! I actually got the inspiration for this recipe from Pinterest and modified it to my liking and renamed it Creamy Chicken Spinach Mushroom Pasta with Sun-dried Tomatoes!! Long name, easy recipe!!!
For this recipe I was originally going to lighten it up and make it with zoodles but I forgot to grab some zucchini from the store and had half of a box of bow tie pasta in my pantry so that was that, regular pasta it was! I also love that the “sauce” you can eat alone, which I did when I ran out of noodles, HA!
The original recipe didn’t call for spinach but I love to throw spinach in pasta to kick up the nutritional value and make my food look prettier. Plus, just like in smoothies, you can’t really taste it. I tried throwing substituting kale for spinach but it just tastes a little too bitter for me. Do you like kale??
And those mushrooms. Oh Em GEE I LOVE mushrooms. Everyone thought I was such a weird kid because I ate mushrooms on everything but I love how popular they are now. They are very filling and go perfectly in this rich pasta dish!!
After making this I would totally add some bell peppers and even squash and zucchini to bulk it up a little more. You can also substitute the heavy whipping cream for almond milk and cornstarch if that’s more your style.
The full recipe is below, if you have any questions or comments drop them in the comment section!!
- 4 thin cut boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 oz jar sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 2 cups raw spinach
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Mix together flour, 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste in a shallow bowl. Dredge chicken through flour mixture and set aside.
- In a large pan heat up 2 tablespoons of the oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes and fry the chicken in this oil until done and set aside.
- In the same pan use 2 more tablespoons of the sun-dried tomato oil and toss the garlic in and heat up until you can smell the garlic really good.
- Next add in the mushrooms and sauce until they start to soften up.
- When the mushrooms start softening up throw your spinach in and cover the pan. Stir frequently until spinach in wilted and then add the heavy whipping cream to the pan.
- Stir, stir stir until cream starts to thicken and add the rest of the grated parmesan to the pan.
- Keeps stirring and add the chicken back in the pan as well (I chopped my chicken up into bite size pieces before adding it back to the pan).
- Sauce is done!! You can serve by itself or over pasta or zoodles!!
Do you like sun-dried tomatoes as much as I do??
That. Looks. AMAZING! It has all my favorite ingredients, and I’m a sucker for a creamy sauce. I’m so making this.
Nancy L. says
Wow! This looks absolutely DELISH! I seriously love all of the ingredients and I can’t believe how easy it looks to make! I would have made it tonight if I had the whipping cream. Yummmm…
Jennifer Van Huss says
I love creamy sauces! This looks like a great recipe!! I can’t wait to make this for my family!!
Terri Steffes says
This looks like the perfect dinner to make for a dinner party. Some nice bread and a dessert and I’m done!
Up Run for Life Healthy Lifestyle Blog says
Yum. This dish sounds right up our alley. I would have to skip the spinach though, my family turns up their nose to it. We have been trying new recipes the last few weeks so this one will go on my list to try. Did you shread your chicken breasts?
Melissa Dixon says
Wow that looks so good. I am craving something with a creamy sauce now but do not have the ingredients on hand. I think a trip to the store is in order.
Yum! That look so good! I love everything in that dish and it is making me so hungry right now. I am definitely going to try your recipe soon!
Nancy at Whispered Inspirations says
This looks super good. I love the idea of Chicken, spinach and mushroom marrying together in an amazing dish with sundried tomatoes. I am going to try this.
Wendy Polisi says
I really lovey creamy pastas. This is an awesome idea for dinner!
Marissa Zurfluh says
I need to make this sometime. These are some awesome ingredients!
Amber K says
This looks absolutely amazing and I really, really wish I could eat mushrooms, tomatoes, or spinach. I can definitely make this for my family though, I know they’ll love it.
Serena Hale says
This recipe looks so delicious. I am not a real fan of sun dried tomatoes, but I may have to change my mind after seeing this recipe.
This sounds wonderful. Chicken and tomatoes are two staples in my kitchen I heavily rely on when I don’t have dinner planned. I’m definitely adding this one to our weekly meal plan!