This post contains affiliate links.
First things first, Happy New Year and Hello January!!
I don’t know about you but for me December was just a big blur. It was super busy, I was sick the last half of it and I’m really glad it’s over! Now that it’s finally January there is a light at the end of the winter tunnel. It’s no secret that I absolutely hate winter and it’s dark, dreary days. I can’t wait for warm weather, sunshine and pool days! Bring it summer 2019!!But back to the present…January 3, 2019. A time for new beginnings. I am pretty excited about that. I believe that everyday is a clean slate and a chance to start over but there is something exciting about starting a new year, even if it’s gross and dark and dreary outside. LOL!!
Before I share my New Year’s Resolutions with y’all I thought I would revisit my 2018 resolutions and see how I did on them. Last year I divided my resolutions into two blog posts, one for personal and one for my blog. Today I thought I would talk about my personal resolutions and later this week tackle my blog resolutions. So let’s get to it!
- Read 100 books. I absolutely killed this resolution and as of December 31 I officially read 120 books. Holy crap!! I will post my December book post soon and then you can see what 13 books I read in December. I guess that’s one plus of being sick for 2.5 weeks?!
- Lose another 30 pounds. In 2018 I lost 30 pounds all by myself and I was so excited so my goal for this year was to do it again. I didn’t actually get serious about this resolution until I joined Profile at the end of August and with their help I was able to lose 28 pounds this year!! I gained a little of my previous weight back so as of today I am officially down 48 pounds!! Who ever thought I could do that?? Not me!!
- Travel to one new place. I crushed this resolution as well! In February I traveled to Seattle for my birthday, it was my first west coast trip and it was so much fun!!
- Pass my NPS Exam. I hate to say that I failed at this one. I did take a refresher class for the exam and have tons of study material I need to crack down on and study so I call that a step in the right direction! Maybe next year??
- Try five new things. I wasn’t very specific on this goal but I think I accomplished this one?? In 2018 I tried indoor skydiving, visited Magnolia Market by myself, got a lash lift and dermaplane, went to my first major league baseball game, and sold my first home and moved!
Overall I’m pretty proud of myself and think I did well in 2018…3 outta 5 (almost 4 dang it!!) isn’t bad!!
Onward and upward…now let’s talk about my 2019 New Year’s Resolutions!!
I feel like 2018 was such a year of transition for me and in 2019 I want to be more “settled” and I have some things I want to do to accomplish that and I’m about to lay them out for you here because trust me when I say that it really helps to put it in writing in a public space and now y’all can hold me accountable!! So here we go…
ONE. Travel to one new place. I actually don’t plan on doing a lot of traveling in 2019 because I have some things I need to pay off…credit cards, student loans, etc and I really want to spend this year working on that! I feel like I am so close to paying things off and I want this to be the year I really buckle down and do it!
TWO. Read 120 books. That was my final number for 2018 and I feel like I really only hit it because I have been sick for past couple of weeks and really amped my reading up during that down time. So that’s my official goal for 2019!!
THREE. Lose 30 pounds. Same as last year but I have done it twice before so I know I can do it this year…well I almost did it it this year so that counts! HA!. Dare I say maybe I will lose more and hit my goal weight this year?? I can’t even imagine that happening!!
FOUR. Pass my NPS Exam. Again, the same as last year but now that I’ve been to the review course I want to make my study cards and take the damn test!!
FIVE. Create a capsule wardrobe and stick to it. Ever since I moved into my apartment I have been on a huge cleaning out streak. I actually have a LOT of closet space but I honestly don’t wear the majority of my clothing. At work I wear scrubs and sneakers and at home I wear gym/lounge clothes so I just feel like I have an excess of things and I want to get rid of it all!! Plus since I’ve been losing weight I am constantly finding things that don’t fit and getting rid of them so I think this is totally doable.
So there you have it, my 2019 New Year’s Resolutions! I only did five because I feel like that’s a good number to do and they are all quantifiable so I can actually measure whether or not I accomplished them. 2019 is going to be my year y’all…I cant feel it!!
Stay tuned next week for my blog resolutions!!
Do you have New Year’s Resolutions??
What is one thing you want to accomplish in 2019??