This post contains affiliate links.
I can’t believe I’m just now posting my bi-monthly “what I’m reading” post from November and December of last year. Oops! Blogger fail! I have a better system worked out for this year and decided to just keep a 2021 Books tab in the menu at the top of this blog updated in real time with all of the books I read. That way y’all don’t have to wait for my book recs and it will keep real time numbers too!
In case you don’t remember, and I’m sure you don’t, my goal for 2020 was to read 140 books. I read 131 books in 2019 so this seemed like a reachable goal and I have exceeded my book goal every year thus far but that train had to stop somewhere. Despite a global pandemic and being stuck inside 24/7 I only read 126 books in 2020, with the last 18 books being reading the last two months of the year.
If I’m being honest I’m a little sad about that. The Enneagram 3 in me really wanted to hit that goal!! But I feel like some of the books I read were a lot bigger/longer than my usual books so I’m not too mad about it. I feel like that just means I need to set the same goal for 2021 so I can crush it this year. We shall see. Now on to the books!
In November I continued re-reading the Eve Duncan series from the beginning. I have read a lot of the books over the years but never in order so that seemed like a fun idea. I also read a few Danielle Steele books because she’s a Queen in her own right and her books always keep me on edge. HA! I also threw in a few chick lit/girly books to keep it interesting!
- The Warning by James Patterson – mystery
- The Killing Game by Iris Johansen – mystery
- The Search by Iris Johansen – mystery
- Body of Lies by Iris Johansen – mystery
- Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid – chick lit
- Majesty by Katherine McGee – chick lit
- The Divines by Ellis Eaton – mystery, Advanced Reading Copy provided by NetGalley and came out January 2021
- The Dark Side by Danielle Steele – chick lit
- The House by Danielle Steele – chick lit
- The Wedding Dress by Danielle Steele – chick lit
For December I read a few books y’all recommended and kind of fell off of the Eve Duncan series train. Oops! I also got an advanced copy of my absolute FAVORITE author, Mary Kay Andrews!!! If you love beach reads as much as I do then you have to check out her new book that drops in May!!!!
- Written in the Stars by Alexandria Bellefleur – chick lit, Advanced Reading Copy provided by NetGalley and came out November 2020
- The Girl He Used to Know by Tracey Garvis – chick lit
- Delicious by Ruth Reichel – chick lit
- The Last Time I Saw You by Liv Constantine – psychological thriller
- Blind Alley by Iris Johansen – mystery
- Silent Night by Danielle Steele – chick lit
- The Other Mrs by Mary Kubica – psychological thriller
- The Newcomer by Mary Kay Andrews – chick lit, beach read
And there you have it, a recap of all of the books I read in the last two months of 2020. I can’t wait to see how many books I am able to read in 2021!!! If you want to check out all of the other books I read in 2020 here are the links… Jan/Feb, March/April, May/June, July/August, and September/October.
As always, leave me a comment or DM me with your book recommendations!! Happy reading!!