This post contains affiliate links.
Hello again and welcome to my favorite bi-monthly post to write! If you have read this blog for any length of time then you know how much I LOVE to read! One of my goals for this year was to read 140 books and I think I am on track to do that! I read a few bigger books this month but I still think I can pull it off.
Including these two months of books so far for 2020 I have read 108 books. YASSSS. Only 32 more books from now until December 31. I can do it!!! Hopefully…
The month of September started off with a few Christmas books? I don’t know why but they just felt right. If you love a good Christmas chick lit book then you have to check out Debbie Macomber. She’s one of my fave authors and her Christmas books are so good! I also got back on my beach reads books and read a few more by Nancy Thayer. Then I got on a murder-mystery/chick lit kick and read a few by Karen White. I finished off my month by diving back into YA with a new (to me) Sarah J Maas series and rereading an old fave by Sophie Kinsella. I swear I can remember reading that book but I had no idea how it ended! HA!
- Merry and Bright by Debbie Macomber – chick lit, Christmas
- Jingle all the Way by Debbie Macomber – chick lit, Christmas, Advanced Reading Copy provided by NetGalley and came out October 2020
- Summer House by Nancy Thayer – beach read
- Summer Breeze by Nancy Thayer – beach read
- The Night the Lights Went Out by Karen White – mystery
- A Long Time Gone by Karen White – mystery
- Falling Home by Karen White – mystery
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas – YA
- Remember Me by Sophie Kinsella – chick lit
In the month of October I am proud to say that I finally finished the Kevin Kwan book I started while I was at the beach in August. HA! I promise it’s a good book, I just started it and then forgot about it and was so mad at myself when I found it! Oops!! I also read a lot of chick lit and YA stuff in October and I LOVED all of it except the VC Andrews book which I was actually really mad about. I LOVE all of the old original VC Andrews books and was so excited to see this prequel to the prequel come out about the Dollanganger family but it was NOT GOOD at all. I stayed mad at the main character the whole time. Ugh. I don’t recommend it but if you are like me and are an old school hardcore VC Andrews fan then I understand that you feel like you need to read it anyway. Good luck to you!
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sara J Maas – YA
- Beneath the Attic by VC Andrews – YA
- The Girls are all so Nice Here by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn – chick lit, *Advanced Reading Copy provided by NetGalley and coming out March 2021
- Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfield – chick lit
- Sex and Vanity by Kevin Kwan – chick lit
- The Switch by Beth O’Leary – chick lit, *Advanced Reading Copy provided by NetGalley and came out August 2020
- The Face of Deception by Iris Johansson – murder mystery
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng – mystery
- Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson – YA
That’s it for my September/October reads and if you love reading as much as I do here are my book posts from Jan/Feb, March/April, May/June, and July/August if you want to check them out! Happy reading!