This post contains affiliate links.
One of my absolute most favorite things to do in the summer months is to read a real book outside. I say real book because I want to feel the book in my hand and actually flip the pages. Plus have you tried reading on a device outside? The glare is awful and I can’t see anything. HA!
As you are probably all aware, I am still on my quest to read 140 books this year and with this month’s books added to the tally I am up to a whopping 90 books! I guess my lack of blogging has been good for my reading. Oops!
For the month of July I was in a beach mood so I read a lot of “beach books” aka books about summer and are good to read by the water. My all time favorite Queen of the Summer Read will always be Mary Kay Andrews and I re-read Sunset Beach and I loved it just as much this time as I did the first time I read it. I also discovered a new-to-me author, Nancy Thayer, that writes books based in Nantucket. Just like how MKA makes me want to visit Georgia (which I am doing SOON) Nancy Thayer makes me want to visit Nantucket ASAP. So if you are like me and are into beach reads then you have to check her out.
- Sunset Beach by Mary Kay Andrews – beach read
- Last Breath by Karen Slaughter – murder mystery
- The Book Charmer by Karen Hawkins – chick lit
- Keeper of the Light by Diane Chamberlain – mystery
- Surfside Sisters by Nancy Thayer – beach read
- Island Girls by Nancy Thayer – beach read
- Nantucket Sisters by Nancy Thayer – beach read
- Beachcombers by Nancy Thayer – beach read
- Heat Wave by Nancy Thayer – beach read
- The Guest Cottage by Nancy Thayer – beach read
For the month of August I actually went to the beach and for some reason switched to murder mysteries?? Weird, but true. I love a good murder mystery as much as I love chick lit. In August I discovered Lisa Jewell and she writes some twisty stuff y’all. Check her out if you’re into twisty stuff for sure! HA!
- Roomies by Sara Zarr – chick lit
- Perfect Little Children by Sophie Hannah – psych thriller
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas – YA
- The Night the Lights Went Out by Karen White – mystery
- 28 Summers by Elin Hilderbrand – beach read
- Rainy Day Kisses by Debbie Macomber – chick lit
- The Heir Affair by Heath Cocks and Jessica Morgan – chick lit
- The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware – mystery
- The Girls in the Garden by Lisa Jewell – murder mystery
- The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell – murder mystery
- Watching You by Lisa Jewell – murder mystery
And I guess that’s it for all of my “reads” for the months of August and September. I am excited to be well on my way to reading 140+ books for this year and hopefully I will get back into the swing of blogging soon. My 10 year blogging anniversary is coming up soon. HOW did that even happen??
And before I forget, here are my book posts from Jan/Feb, March/April, and May/June if you want to check them out! Happy reading!
Leave a Reply