This post contains affiliate links.
I posed a question on my blog’s Facebook page and wanted to know what people wanted to see more of on my blog and everyone answered “more personal stuff and more funny stuff”. So here’s my shot at “more personal stuff”…
1. I have never been outside of the U.S. I need to remedy this soon. I have a long list of places I want to go including England, France, Italy, Germany, Switzerland….and many more!
2. I was a counselor at a summer camp one summer in college and I seriously think that was the best job I ever had. I was a lifeguard and got the best tan of my life….aka I looked black when I got home…LOL!
3. I am a member of the best sorority in the world. My sorority sisters saved me in college and I don’t even think they knew it. They were my family when I needed one and my partners in crime. I am proud of my decision to go greek, it was probably the best thing I ever did my first go-round through college.
4. My Mom passed away the summer after I graduated from high school. She had colon cancer. I don’t talk about it much because it still hurts. They say these things get easier with time but it’s been almost 13 years and still feels like yesterday.
5. I am a movie junkie. There is nothing better than going to the movies alone and sitting there with my popcorn and diet coke and just getting lost in the movie. Movies are an escape for me and I am almost sad when they are over. Going back to school has really out a kink in my movie watching but I’m excited for summer so I can catch some good ones!!
6. I am pretty OCD about certain things. I like to watch tv shows from the beginning, be in charge of group projects, do things in a certain order (ex: order in which I do things in the shower), and I am weirdly obsessive with not having those red number notifications on my iPhone. HATE those…
7. In high school I was in the FFA. I did it all…I was a chapter officer, a district officer, President of the Parliamentary Team, a member of the Floriculture team, and showed pigs and sheep.
8. I started this blog right before I had breast reduction surgery. I was stuck at home for 6 weeks after surgery and bored out of my mind. I honestly never thought I would still be at it. I’m glad I have kept this blog up and have documented some pretty important events in my life like that surgery and building my first home. I love going back and reading those old posts.
9. I could eat the Cobb Salad with Avocado Lime Ranch from Chick-fil-a every single day for lunch. It’s that good.