This post contains affiliate links.
Ya’ll I had the BEST time at Bloggy Boot Camp!!!
If you are thinking about going to a blog conference this would be the one to go to! For me, this was the perfect first blog conference. I knew five other people going and it was a one day thing. A one day thing that I learned an overwhelming amount of information that I am still trying to process!!
Have no fear though…I will share this information with you, it just may take me a while!
First things first, I wanted to share with you the top 10 things I learned during my trip!
1. Getting there is half fun. Technically this was learned on the way to Bloggy Boot Camp but you get the idea. If you have never spent 24 hours in a car with your blog friends I highly suggest it!
2. Calories don’t count at blog conferences. I mean with all of the awesome sponsors there…Brew Over Ice, Salsarita’s, Mirassou…and all of the fabulous meals eaten out who has time to count calories?!
3. Stay true to yourself. Don’t take on sponsored posts that don’t apply to your life or your blog. I’m a single, child-less adult. I would never review diapers or baby products.
4. Find your tribe. Find the 4 or 5 other bloggers you work well with. Usually your tribe are people in the sane stage of blogging and life as you are. I was lucky enough to already know this going in and I think I have the best tribe out there!!
5. Utilize ALL of your resources. Most of us are already on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ but are we making the most of them? Probably not! Do your research and figure out the best times to post. Personally Google+ intimidates me but I’m going to suck it up and learn!
6. Where you put your attention is where you will get your results. -Tiffany Romero I agree 100% with this statement. It’s pretty self explanatory too.
7. WordPress vs Blogger This will probably be a whole blog post on it’s own but I can tell you that I am seriously considering switching to WordPress.
8. Pin Pretty. Most bloggers don’t utilize Pinterest properly either. Make the pictures on your blog pretty and ready to pin. I have gone back through a lot of old posts and made them more pinnable (is that even a word??).
Shameless plug aka find this tutorial here.
9. What is your end game? This question was asked a lot! Know what your goal for blogging is! Do you want to be published? Be a social media manager? Get your own reality show? Know your goals and work towards them!
10. Be NICE or go HOME! -Tiffany Romero
This was our closing statement and it is soooo true! I quoted Tiffany a LOT but to me she is a blogging celebrity. Tiffany has the BEST blogging advice and just tells it like it is. I hope I can be like her one day.