This post contains affiliate links.
*Recipe updated September 2016
I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it on here or not but I am a little bit obsessed with artichokes. This is a new love and I blame it all on Papa Murphy’s Chicken Bacon Artichoke Pizza. That’s where it all started and I have been looking for recipes with artichokes like crazy since then. I have made a couple chicken dishes with them but my fave so far has to be this Lemon Chicken Artichoke Pasta recipe I found online. I made a few modifications and now it is super creamy and even easier to make!!
I have to admit that the first couple of times I made this recipe I used store bought minced garlic in the big ole jar. In fact I used that garlic in a jar exclusively until a couple of months ago when I got the courage to buy a bulb of garlic and just go for it. For some reason chopping/mincing my own garlic has always intimidated me but now that I have used the real thing I can never go back to the jars.
Y’all. It is so inexpensive and just tastes so much better!! It really makes my dishes taste amazing, including this one and I am obsessed. I even like the way it smells on my hands after I use it. I know, I am a certified weirdo. HAHAHA!!
But really, if you have never used “real” garlic before then I highly suggest you try it, it’s really easy and so worth it!!!
Now that I am finished waxing poetic about garlic let’s talk pasta. I have modified this recipe an few times and finally found what works for me. Some people like their pasta dry but I am a sauce-a-holic and love love love creamy, gooey pasta!! So if that’s the kind of pasts you like then you should definitely try this one!!
I have also made this recipe where I baked the chicken instead of grilling it and it just wasn’t nearly as good so I would definitely recommend you stick with grilling. I use my George Forman grill and it works like a dream!!
So anyway, enough pasta talk, I’m just getting hungry again!! My Lemon Chicken Artichoke Pasta recipe is below. Hope you enjoy!!
Do you love artichokes as much as I do??
Do you like your pasta on the dry side or saucy like me??
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1/4 cup evoo
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 8 oz rotini pasta
- 12 oz can of Artichoke Hearts
- 1 cup pasta water
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Marinate chicken in the juice of one lemon, EVOO, minced garlic clove, and oregano for 1-4 hours in the fridge.
- Grill chicken, cut up, and set aside.
- Boil rotini pasta until al dente and save 1 cup of pasta water before you drain it.
- After draining the pasta put it back in the pot along with the heavy whipping cream and pasta water and bring to a boil.
- Bring the mixture down to a simmer and add in mozzarella and parmesan cheeses and mix well.
- Add in artichokes and chicken and continue mixing until the sauce thickens up (should be pretty quick).
My husband loves any kind of pasta with a creamy sauce. This looks SO good! I will be trying this asap!
Oh my word that looks so delicious. I’ve never been the biggest fan of artichokes, but I think I could deal with it for this pasta! I may have to try that!
Love artichokes as well! Sounds awesome!
I love dishes that use lemon. It makes everything so fresh tasting! This sounds great!
I definitely need to try this. We love lemon and artichokes are a huge favorite here. My kids will eat them straight from the can…I have to hide them if I need them for a recipe!