This post contains affiliate links.
Do you know what frustrates me more that anything? Having a Facebook page for my blog and my posts hardly reaching anyone. I currently have almost 1200 likes on my page and only about 5% of those people were even seeing my content. Booooooo!!
So how does one increase their Facebook Fan Page engagement?? Let me tell you all about it…
Post exciting content!!
Seems like a silly answer but it’s true! I used to only post my blog posts to my page once or twice a day and maybe a #QuestionOfTheDay every once in a while but that was it. All the blog conferences say to post multiple times a day and figure out when your audience is most active and that’s good, but it’s not good when the content you are putting out there isn’t great.
So what is considered “exciting content”? Pictures!! People love pictures!! Any time I post a blog post on Facebook, I put a picture on it. I try not to use the preview that pops up with the link, I upload a picture from the post so that it’s bigger and more likely to be seen. Example…
Photography is KEY!!
And while we are on the subject of pictures, take good pictures! They don’t have to be from a big, fancy camera, your phone will work just find but make sure they are BIG!! No one wants to see tiny pictures in a blog post. Make them at least as wide as the content area on your blog. Ending photo rant now.
Instagram and Facebook are BFF’s
Another way to increase engagement is to link your Instagram to your blog’s Facebook page instead of your personal page. This is what has really driven the traffic to my page. I have gotten sooooo many more comments and likes because of that. Don’t know how to do that? You are in luck because I am going to show you!! It’s super easy…
- Step 1. Get on your Instagram and click on your profile and click the settings wheel in the top right corner.
- Step 2. Click Share Settings at the bottom of the page.
- Step 3. Click on your name next to Facebook.
- Step 4. Click Timeline (Default) next to Share to.
- Step 5. When you click it your Timeline will be the already clicked so go ahead and click your page name.
- Step 6. When you click your page name it will look like this…duh…then click the back arrow at the top left of your screen.
- Step 7. BOOM!! You are now set to share your Instagram images to your Facebook Page!! Click that back button one more time…
- Step 8. …and your Share Settings will still look like this but just know that your page is still linked even though it still says your name.
Share, Share, Share!!
Do you know what is even more exciting than seeing someone like or comment on a Facebook post? Having someone share your content to their Facebook page!! The more a post is shared the more eyes will see it because everyone has a different Facebook audience. I try to share from fellow bloggers and interesting stories I see a couple times a day and you know what? Most blogger reciprocate and it’s a WIN/WIN for everyone!
Something I always do is tag brands in posts whether I’m working with them or not. I mean, you kind of have to if you are working with them (and don’t forget to use the branded content tool!!) but it’s especially helpful for when you are posting about a product/brand because you genuinely like them. This shows the brand that you are authentic and then maybe they will want to work with you later?? You never know!!
And that, my friends, is how you link your Instagram to your Facebook page instead of your personal page and how I increased my engagement on my Facebook page by 200%.
How do you increase engagement on your Facebook page??
Do you already have your Instagram linked to your Facebook page??