This post contains affiliate links.
I can’t believe that Bloggy Boot Camp is THIS WEEKEND!!! I am soooo excited!!! I can’t wait to head to Dallas and meet some of my favorite bloggers!!! Today I am going to share with you my “must haves” on what to bring to a blog conference.
Seeing as this is my second blog conference
ever this year I feel like I know something about this topic. I learned a lot the first time I went and can’t wait to share my thoughts with you! So without further ado…
1. Comfy Clothes and Shoes! I know that we all want to look super cute and stand out but don’t forget about comfort! You will be sitting a lot during the actual conference so make sure that what you are wearing is comfortable when sitting. Also don’t forget about your feet! Yes, you will be sitting a lot but who wants to wear uncomfortable shoes?
2. Snacks! I don’t know about you but I get hungry at the most inappropriate times (i.e.- in the middle of a conference). You will be served great meals and usually drinks throughout but don’t forget to throw a snack or two in your bag!
3. Big tote bag! The last conference I went to I brought a small purse with me….BIG mistake! We got TONS of swag and I had nowhere to put it! I fully believe in bringing a big tote with lots of pockets to store other must needs. I got this Ogio Hamptons Tote for school and am bringing it to Dallas with me this weekend. I am super pumped about it!!
4. Business Cards!! I can’t mention business cards without telling you a story. The last conference I went to was in Charlotte NC. Rebekah and I drove the 12 hours from Arkansas (by way of ATL to pick up Jenn) and about 2 hours into the drive I realized I left my business cards at home!! NOOOOOO!!! Luckily a friend came to my rescue and found a place in NC to print me some cards and got them for me! So I cannot stress enough about the importance of bringing your business cards!
5. Notepad and pens! I noticed that a lot of people brought their laptops and iPads. I think those things are fine but just know that there may not be enough room at the tables for them. Also those things run on batteries and there aren’t enough plugins for everyone to plug their stuff in. So if you bring those things I encourage you to bring backup batteries or go old school like me and bring a notepad and pen(S).
6. Phone! During the conference you will be texting, tweeting, instagramming, and googling stuff ALL DAY. ‘Nuff said.
7. Backup power source! Last conference my phone DIED!! I had to plug it into the wall and couldn’t take pics during my FAVORITE speaker at the conference. BOO!!! So this time I am coming prepared…I am bringing a backup power source! I am obsessed with this one!
8. Camera! Personally I just use the camera on my iPhone but if you have a fancy DSLR camera then bring it! You will definitely want to take lots of pics during the conference so you can remember it, and blog about it of course!
9. Chargers! You can’t bring all of those electronics and not bring chargers! Also bringing a power strip for your hotel room isn’t a bad idea either. Hotel rooms just don’t have enough plug ins.
10. Roomie Gifts! You may talk about this before hand but it’s always nice to bring a little gift for you conference roomies. I made this Homemade Sugar Scrub to give to my roomies at my first blog conference!!
Well those are my “must haves”…did I leave anything out??
Anything you would add to the list??