Yesterday was all about my trip to Emerald Isle, North Carolina and so I thought today would be appropriate to talk about my travel beauty essentials! I know some people who always keep a bag packed and/or always keep their passport on their person “just in case”. Me? I’m not one of those people. I am a last minute packer, always have been and always will be. And my passport? Locked up in my safe at my house. Not exactly handy for a quick getaway especially if I’m not home. HA!! But something I always keep packed in case of quick travel is a beauty bag. Yes, I am that person. HA!
So let’s talk about my “travel beauty essentials” bag and everything I keep in that bad boy!!!
First things first, the bag. I actually received this cute waffle weave monogrammed bag as a bridesmaid gift way back when I was in college. I am obsessed with it because it’s big enough to hold full size bottles of my favorite shampoo and conditioner and it’s just the right size to fit in any suitcase. It’s also washable, which is a huge plus because I always have something pop open and spill all over everything. On this past trip it was my favorite Clinique toner that I had in an “airtight” travel bottle. It even got all over my toothbrush, ugh. That’s also why my travel toothbrush did not make this post. HA!
I love that it’s a large open space with a small pocket on the side that is perfect for carrying tweezers, cotton balls, q-tips and bobby pins!! I try to only keep “wet” stuff in here because it has that vinyl lining so nothing escapes if it spills.
See what I mean, it’s huge!! I always always always keep a full bottle of both shampoo and conditioner in here as well as a travel toothbrush and toothpaste. Then I usually throw in whatever samples companies have sent me because it’s just easier to travel with travel size things! Some of those have even turned out to be favorite products that I have eventually bought the full size versions of.
Enough talk, let’s see what’s in there…
Things that are ALWAYS in the bag:
- Shampoo – perfect for summer because it helps with a dry scalp!
- Conditioner – new fave, really gives you a deep condition and smells amazing!!!!
- Body Wash – can’t find a link to this, sorry!!
- Razor – this travel size razor is perfect and I love that it has it’s own case so you don’t cut your fingers while digging around in the bag!
- Shave Gel – tried this shave cream out on my last trip and I am obsessed!!!
- Face Wash – love this but it doesn’t get my makeup off very well
- Micellar Cleansing Water – used for really getting the makeup off my face!
- Moisturizer – heard this was a dupe for the Charlotte Tilbury moisturizer I’ve been lusting after for a while now (it’s $100!!! WHY??). It’s not but it’s still pretty good plus I love that it has a pump top and cap which are both perfect for travel!
- Facial Serum – tried this one on my last trip and loved that it was a serum and peel all in one, I love products that pull double duty because then I don’t have to pack as many things!
- Lip Balm – this is my absolute favorite lip balm/salve in the summer months!!
- Aloe (summer only)
- Toothbrush – not pictured because of above mentioned toner incident
- Toothpaste – not pictured because I used it all on my last trip
So if I am traveling somewhere last minute, let’s be real I’m way too OCD for that to ever happen, I can just pack my clothes, throw this bag in my suitcase and I know I can at least be clean and have shaved legs. HA!! Now my make up bag, that’s a whole either story for another day. It’s a mess but I’m trying to par down the products I use on the daily so I can be as minimalistic as I can. As much as a high maintenance lady on the go can be anyway. HA!!
Do you keep any travel bags packed at all times??
What are some of your travel beauty essentials??