This post contains affiliate links.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- Place chicken, rice, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, italian seasoning, and chicken broth into a crockpot.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- 30 minutes before cooking time is over remove chicken breasts and shred and place back in crockpot.
- In the same time frame melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan. Slowly add the flour while whisking so it won't get lumpy!
- Slowly add milk to flour/butter mix until it's thick and creamy.
- Add creamy mix to crock pot while stirring well until mixed well.
- Let the whole thing simmer for the remaining cook time, it will become thicker. Salt and pepper to taste.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply