This post contains affiliate links.
Happy New Year to YOU!! I know, I know, I am only 7 days late but who’s counting? Not me, HA!
I don’t know about you but I had the most epic new year celebration of my life!! This year two of my blog friends turned best friends, Rebekah and Jenn, and I decided to go to Las Vegas to see Maroon 5!! What?! Who does that?? Apparently we do!!!
I promise to have a full trip reap up soon but until then, here are is my favorite pic from the trip…
New Year Resolutions. Does anyone really keep theirs?? I don’t! I don’t know if I will be making any personal resolutions this year?? I’m thinking more on the lines of small goals for each month instead of huge resolutions to keep for an entire year.
I do have a few blog resolutions to make this year…
- Learn how to really use my DSLR camera. I have one and I lug it around but then I usually wind up using my iPhone for my photos. Ugh.
- Content is king. I feel so guilty when I skip a day of blogging that I will try and push something out just to have something on my blog for the day but I need to quit doing that. Quality over quantity.
- Get local. I love blogging about new places and my travel posts have accounted for a lot of my content this past year but this year I want to talk about things going on in my area locally. I want to see and do more in central Arkansas!
- Update older posts. I have talked about how my transition fro Blogger to WordPress a few years ago screwed up the formatting on a lot of my older posts and I have been working to reformat them and fix my photos but that is very time consuming. My goal at the end of 2016 is to have it all finished and pretty!!
- Freelance. I think this was one of my goals for 2015 as well and I did a pretty good job but this year I want to do more!
- Blog Conference. It has been a while since I have been to a blog conference and I have been thinking about going to one again. In the past I have been to a couple of Bloggy Boot Camps, BBC Charlotte and BBC Dallas, but this year i want to branch out more and go to one I haven’t been to yet!!
I think that’s all I have for blog resolutions! They may not not look like much to some but if I can accomplish all that in a year I will be pretty pleased with myself!
What are your blogging resolutions??
What is your favorite blog conference??
Robin (Masshole Mommy) says
I think those all sounds like very doable goals. I like exploring locally, too! I can’t wait to hear more about your year :)
Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle says
Updating older posts is on my to do list this year. It’s a great way to improve traffic.
My goal this year is to start blogging more organic stuff! I have been to a couple conferences and it’s too hard to pick which one I like.
Sarh S says
I am also wanting to get more local with my blog posts! I want to do more in our area with lots of photos and blog about it. I live in Milwaukee, so especially in summer there is always SOMETHING interesting to do!
Terri Beavers says
I’ve not had the opportunity to go to a bloggy conference yet. I would love to though and maybe I need to consider setting that as one of my goals. I’d love to publish more fun posts over required posts and I think that’s doable.
Miles L. says
It’s nice to know you had fun watching Maroon 5. We have some resolutions that are similar.
April Mims says
I’ll be working on updating some older posts too and I’ve set out a specific schedule to keep me on track. I’ve got tons of great plans for my blog this year.
Chubskulit Rose says
Good luck on your goals. I have never been to any blog conference, it mustbe fun to attend it.
Annemarie LeBlanc says
Your blog resolutions are great! Whenever I make goals (or resolutions), I always make sure that they are S.M.A.R.T. goals so that I would not get frustrated. SMART goals mean that they are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Results-Oriented and Time bound.
I’ve never been to a blog conference, but I certainly would love to attend to one – BlogHer would be great! May you have a fabulous 2016!
This is a great list. I have never been to a blog conference, but I want to attend one.
tiaras and tantrums says
I have an entire list of past posts that I need to update as well! I’m thinking at this point I need to task this out to a VA! Good luck with your goals!
I’ve been making lots of goals for myself as well. It’s good to reevaluate every year!
Sounds like a busy year! I was wondering about blog conferences the other day. Are they still popular? I have not ready about any new ones in a long time.
Crystal Lopez says
Happy new year and great blog focused tips for the new year! Blogging conferences are a great way to network and gather some really useful information! I am really looking forward to the things in store for this year!
Oh Maroon 5 would be fun to see. I am focusing a ton on my blog this year, and although I finally did hit my goal before the New Year with my blog, I’m hoping to double it by the end of 2016!
Nile Flores says
Happy New Year to you too! It’s still pretty close to the beginning of the year… so as the saying goes “better late than never”
Definitely get to a blogging conference. In fact, look up WordCamp. It’s a WordPress conference and there may be one within 250 miles of where you live. It’s extremely affordable, ticket-wise, and there’s a ton of networking you can do, as well as getting swag, and getting a lot of information to grow your blog. I speak in quite a few WordCamps, in cities across the US. You may enjoy that. You may also want to get involved with your closest local WordPress Meetup (from Meetup.com) group sometime too. :)
Jessica Simms says
We have similar new years resolutions, although I rarely ever keep mine, I feel like if I look at them as goals versus resolutions it easier to work towards them. Resolutions are always viewed as “oh that’s okay next year” type of things so I like to look at mine as goals so they have a fighting chance of being accomplished this year lol.