This post contains affiliate links.
I told you I have been on cooking kick lately right? Apparently I am on a spicy cooking kick…yum!
Today I am going to share with you a Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Pasta recipe I found on Pinterest and then modified. You can modify my recipe if you like…just switch out the veggies for ones you like or leave them out period. Do whatever tastes good to you. I only say this because I have had people say they wouldn’t make a recipe because it called for onions (just an example) and they didn’t like onions. Leave them out! It’s ok…make it your own!
2 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1lb peeled, deviened raw large Shrimp
1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
1lb Smoked Sausage
1 green Bell Pepper
1 red Bell Pepper
1 yellow Bell Pepper
1 onion (not pictured)
1 tbsp minced Garlic
1/2 cup Chicken Stock
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
couple shakes Thyme
couple shakes Basil
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1. Boil pasta according to box and set aside.
2. Saute Shrimp and Cajun Seasoning in EVOO until Shrimp are pink. Set aside when done.
3. In same pan, sauté bell peppers and onions until onions are translucent.
4. Cut up Smoked Sausage and add both it and the minced Garlic to the peppers and onions. Cook for 3 minutes or until Sasage is warm all the way through.
5. Add Chicken Stock to pan and stir well. Cook for about 2 minutes or until warm.
6. Add the Thyme and a couple shakes of Cajun Seasoning.
7. Add Heavy Cream to pan and cook for about 2 minutes.
8. Add shrimp and pasta to pan and mix together.
9. Take off heat and add Parmesan and Basil and mix well.
Do you like spicy food??