This post contains affiliate links.
It is officially sweet sweet summertime! Or if you in the south it’s more like humid, humid summertime. I really hate humidity. You would think that after 30 years of living in the great state of Arkansas I would be used to it by now but nope. It still hits me like a slap in the face every single summer. Yuck.
Today I am going to share with you some of my very favorite summer beauty secrets. Shhhh….don’t tell anyone…
1. If you know it’s going to be super hot and humid outside and you are a Bare Minerals girl, put your Mineral Veil on first before your foundation to help prevent our makeup from sweating off glistening or running down your face. I have been known to put it on both before foundation and after.
*Note to self: women don’t sweat, they glisten
2. Want to get the perfect tan this summer? Forget baby oil or suntan oil, go old school and get Afro Sheen. Not only does it do a waaaay better job it’s actually good for your skin. Afro Sheen contains sunscreen, conditioners, and Vitamin E, all of which make you skin super soft. My friends and I used to go through a can a week in college. Don’t forget to put on your SPF 30 before you spray it on though! #TanSafe
3. Stay out in the sun a little too long and get burned? Have no fear, slather some Preparation H on your burn and it will be gone by morning time! I’m not kidding, I promise it works. I burned my face bad last summer when I went to the beach and the pharmacist at Walgreens recommended Preparation H. Fun Fact: Preparation H was originally a sunburn cream before it got us elsewhere…
4. Another trick to soothe a burned face is to keep your moisturizer in the fridge until you use it. It will feel like a little slice of Heaven right there on your face.
5. I don’t know about you but my face breaks out like crazy in the summer. I always use my Clinique Acne face wash and toner and that usually clears me up but right now I have some crazy chin acne. Apparently whitening toothpastes that contain hydrogen peroxide and can actually cause your chin to break out. Since I switched toothpaste my chin has cleared up. #WeirdButTrue
6. All you girls who have thighs that touch (if we are being honest that’s probably most of us…) I highly recommend the new Gold Bond Spray powder to spray on your upper thigh area to avoid chaffing when wearing those super cute maxi dresses this summer! And we are being just flat out honest I confess I used to use it under my boobs before I had them reduced. Trust me when I say under boob chaffing it not cool.
7. Ya’ll know how much I love a good pedicure but you want to know what I don’t like? When you take the polish off and your toenails have turned a lovely shade of yellow. Most people will tell you to let them “air out” and forgo polish for a few weeks but I have a better solution. Ginger ale. Just fill a tub up and soak your feet and the yellow will fade right off!
And those, ladies and gents, are my summer beauty secrets.
Do you have any beauty secrets to share??