This post contains affiliate links.
Sorry for about what is about to go down in this post. I just have a couple of rants I need to get out…
1. Getting my car’s oil changed. This is a necessary evil and I wish there was a drop off service I could use and just go pick my car up after work and it be over. I got my oil changed and my tires rotated/balanced on Friday and waited for THREE mother f-ing hours until it was done. Does it really take that long to change it? I don’t think so. I was the first one there that morning so it’s not like anyone was in front of me. Boo on you oil changers and tire rotaters
2. New neighbors. First of all the speed limit in our subdivision is not 5mph. You can go faster than that my friend. We live at the very back and there is no need for it to take me 15 minutes to drive through the subdivision. When you see me coming, please just pull to the side like you did Friday, le tme pass you and all is good in Ricci-land.
3. New neighbor’s dogs. SHUT. UP. I realize that your mommy left you outside all day and that isn’t your fault but for the love of God please SHUT UP. There is no reason for you to bark ALL. DAY. LONG. You are driving my sweet Sophie INSANE. My sweet little non-barking puppy has turned into a barking machine.
4. The lady with the thick foreign accent who is ALWAYS in Starbucks and ALWAYS wants help with her phone. No one can understand what you say. Please refrain from asking me to talk to the customer service people you are always on the phone with because they can’t understand you either. Also, I know absolutley NOTHING about your phone, it’s a Samsung. I have an iPhone. They are NOT THE SAME. You have a totally different operating system than me. Sorry I don’t know why your camera looks funny. (Samsung users, I’m not knocking your phones, I just don’t know anything about them and will freely admit it.)
5. Swap partners who don’t post about what I get you. Why do you even participate?? I spent good time and money selecting the perfect gift for you and you can’t even bother to post about it? This has happened to me three times out of six of the swaps I have participated in. I’m just about over it.
6. Sponsors that go on and on about wanting people to sponsor them and when you do you never hear a word from them again. I have seen a LOT of my friends posting about this on twitter recently and this really bothers me. People pay good money to be on your sidebar so you could at least give them what you promised them. You say you will give them multiple shout outs on Twitter? Do it. It only takes 2 seconds to mention somebody. If the only time you hear from a sponsor is when they want you to donate something for a giveaway GET OUT. This has happened to me a couple times and it makes me MAD. I only sponsor people whose blogs I genuinely like and believe in and it is soooooo disappointing when it turns out bad. I hate hearing about this happening to anyone and if you have sponsored me and felt this way please let me know!!!!!
I think that is all for now. If I have offended you I’m sorry. If you think that you may be one of the people I am talking about in this post then you probably are.
HAHAHA. Oh girl I was looking forward to this since the tweet last night. You did not disappoint. I have a swapper that’s having amnesia and doesn’t remember signing even though I have her address and sent her something. Keep bitchin’ it out!
ooo, I am super feeling you on those last two! I had the same thing happen with the last swap I did and another girl only posted part of what I sent her! I really don’t understand.
The last (and only time) I actually paid for a sponsor spot I never even got my intro. That’s why I don’t charge for promotion. I do it because I like it, not because I want to make money, I think there are some good host blogs out there, but some have just gotten greedy.
Sadly, I find that some of the biggest bloggers out there are the worst to sponsor. Not all, but most. I believe that they take on too many sponsors, overcharge for their ads, and then just think you should feel lucky your tiny 150×150 is on their sidebar because they have over 1000 followers and that should be exposure enough for you. Really?? Ummmmm… no. The worst is when you win one of their featured ad spots in a giveaway and they do NOTHING but put your ad up, even though their featured spot is supposed to also come with X,Y, & Z. Then they have the nerve to include you in their mass email to all their sponsors for that month asking you to renew, telling you how much they enjoyed working with you (what??? Do you even know who I am??), and offering a special discount code to renew. Yeah, right. Moving on… P.S. If you are looking for a good blog to sponsor in January that will promote you and follows through on everything promised, come see me. I will even give you a promo code for any of my ads, not that I charge a ton for them anyways. ;)
Sometimes you have to vent! #5- I haven’t participated in a lot of swaps. One was amazing and I made a great new bloggy friend from it. This was my first one so I had high expectations. The next one, not so much. I accidentally signed up twice so I had two people. I never received anything from one person. The other person, I messaged to say that I liked my ornament and they said nothing about the one I sent them. :( I hate how it’s a gamble as to rather or not you’ll get a great partner.
#6- I’m still torn over the whole sponsorship thing. So far, I have had some not so great experiences with some of the people I’ve sponsored. I also hate when someone sponsors you and they never blog or never return any of your attempts to reach out. That makes it a little hard to promote them. I know I need to improve on the social media front. It’s always a work in progress, but I genuinely do want to help people through sponsorship.
I hope you have a good weekend despite all the things you have to rant about.
So this woman just goes to Starbucks and asks other customers to help with her phone?
As for #3, the dogs might settle down after the family gets into their “routine” and the dogs get used to the owners leaving. Not that I agree with them being left outside.
I quit with the sponsorships but only will do swaps from now on because I wasn’t always holding up my end and I know I’ve been shortchanged before. And I’m totally with you on anyone asking me for help on any type of phone (except iPhone). The days of our phones being alike are over!
Allie @ Tales of a TwentySomething says
Love everything about this and you! I don’t need to air dirty laundry because you and I have talked about all of this, but good for you in posting this. Can I copy it?
Kim @ K.O. Jewelry says
The phone lady may just be confusing Starbucks with a phone store? But really, who does that?! And I am starting to learn more and more the annoying parts of dealing with some bloggers, but that means I can put my money towards bloggers that care! :)
I am so against sponsorships on blogs. I find it annoying!
Kayla Nelms says
I think all I’m going to say is AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oooh girl I hear you on this!!! Especially on the sponsorships. I had one I paid for and I literally did not even get ONE hit from her blog. not one. I was so mad. it’s ridiculous.
I agree with #5. I’ve had all too many times where I’ve put my heart and soul into finding the PERFECT things for a swap, and then it goes unnoticed and unannounced. Frustrating to say the least… I may be done with swaps after we post our swap things for the secret santa swap. Right there with you, girl.
Miss V’s Busy Bees