This post contains affiliate links.
I made this recipe this past weekend and I LOVED it!!!! I found it on Pinterest and did a little modifying (of course) and it will definitely be making another appearance at my house!!!
This recipe is just basically pasta, chicken, sauce, and whatever veggies you have on hand. I have tired it with multiple kinds of veggies in different combinations and it is always good. This would be a great recipe to try on someone who doesn’t’ think they like veggies…HA!
- 16 oz penne pasta
- 2 tbsp evoo
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- 1 bag broccoli steamed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Boil pasta until done and set aside in large mixing bowl.
- Heat one tablespoon oil over medium heat, add chicken and cook until golden brown.
- Remove chicken from heat and place in large bowl with pasta.
- Steam broccoli in bag and add to the big bowl with the pasta and chicken when done.
- In same skillet put one tablespoon oil, onion, bell peppers, and garlic and sauté until tender. Add them to bowl with pasta, chicken, and veggies when done.
- In same skillet melt butter over medium heat, when butter is melted, add flour and mix well until light brown.
- When flour done, slowly pour in half and half and crushed red pepper flakes and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Simmer and let sauce thicken.
- Add parmesan cheese and heat until it melts.
- When sauce is done, mix in big bowl with other ingredients.
Desirae @ Going with the Flow says
This sounds delicious!
Bookmarking this. Sounds so good.
Ooh, this is pretty and sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for sharing the recipe, that looks so delicious!!!!
FINALLY tried this last night. New weekly recipe, SO good!