This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Rejuvenation Clinic & Day Spa. While I was compensated for this post, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
If you follow me on social media, specifically Instagram, then you know I got to have a little spa day with some of my fellow Arkansas Women Bloggers at Rejuvenation Clinic & Day Spa a couple of weeks ago. Rejuvenation is celebrating its 25th anniversary in Little Rock and to celebrate we all got the opportunity to meet up at the spa get complimentary treatments. Yours truly drew the 30 minute massage which I must say was much needed. I have been on the road so much lately and recently switched from day shift to night shift at work so to say I am a little tense was the understatement of the year. I carry all of my tension in my neck and shoulders and luckily I got the most amazing massage therapist, Laney, who seriously saved my neck and shoulders.
While we were waiting on everyone to get there and for the event to start I was talking to my fellow bloggers and found out that some of them had never been to a day or med spa and didn’t really know what to expect. So today I thought I would talk to you about spa etiquette and what to expect on your first visit to a spa!
I have been getting massages and facials for the past 15 years and so I feel pretty comfortable in a spa environment. I got my first massage right before winter finals of my Sophomore year of college and my first facial right before I graduated from UAMS. I believe in self-care and always have because if you don’t take of yourself then you are no good to anyone else.
First things first you need to decide what kind of spa treatment you want. Do you want a mani/pedi? Summer is almost here and I have the driest skin around, thank you harsh hospital soap, so manis and pedis are a must for me during the summer months. Is it time for a facial? My face is a combination of dry during the winter months and oily during the summer so I love a good facial just to balance everything out. Are you in desperate need of a massage? As I stated earlier, I carry all my tension in my neck and shoulders so massages are a must for me every coupe of months to work out the kinks.
For any treatment you get at a spa here are a few good rules of thumb to follow…
- Show up at least 15 minutes early to any appointment so you can get checked in and fill out any necessary paperwork.
- Find out the spa’s policy on phones and follow it. No one wants to be interrupted by ringing or vibrating phones during a relaxing treatment.
- Take a bath and/or shower because no matter what treatment you get someone will probably be touching your body at some point and it’s just hygienic.
- Brush your teeth. This is especially true if you are getting a facial…your esthetician doesn’t need to know what you ate for lunch.
- Shave whatever necessary body parts. If you are getting a pedi, shave your legs. If you are getting a massage shave your legs and underarms. If you are getting a facial shave your underarms. If you are all natural and don’t shave anything then disregard this rule.
- Decide how comfortable you feel being naked. During a massage most people get all the way naked and some people leave their underwear on, so you just need to decide what you are comfortable with. During a facial you will most likely be undressed from the waist up with some kind of wrap that goes under your arms and covers your chest so you need to decide if you are comfortable with that.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing since you will want to feel relaxed. For a pedicure, make sure you can pull your pants up to your knees if you want to get those legs massaged!
- Don’t be shy. In the middle of a massage if the pressure is too much or not enough don’t be afraid to tell your masseuse that. They want you to feel as relaxed as possible and they can’t do that if you won’t speak up.
- Listen. This is especially true during a facial. I have learned some of my best skin care secrets by listening to my esthetician and doing what he/she recommended.
- Drink lots of water! This one is so so so important. After massages and facials you may experience a feeling of light-headedness and that’s completely normal! It’s your body’s way of recuperating and releasing all the toxins and tension so just remember to drink plenty of water for the rest of the day.
If you are in central Arkansas and are looking for a good day/med spa the I highly recommend you check out Rejuvenation Clinic & Day Spa. It is located off of Rodney Parham on Arcade Drive and looks totally unassuming from the outside but the inside is completely zen.
Since I drew the 30 minute massage I got to head to the women’s changing room and change into a pretty luxurious robe and some comfy sandals…
I also got to go chill in the relaxation room until my masseuse, Laney, came to get me! Since my massage was only 30 minutes Laney asked me what area I wanted to work on and I told her my neck and shoulders. After my massage she told me I carried a lot of tension in my shoulders and I wholly agree! LOL! And y’all, even though this is a sponsored post I can honestly tell you that was one of the best massages of my life. I can’t wait to book a full 90 minute massage soon, my body needs it sooooo bad!!!
After our treatments we all ate lunch catered by La Madeline in Little Rock and then got a full tour of Rejuvenation.
First we saw the med spa room…
Rejuvenation‘s Med Spa is currently celebrating its 10th anniversary and was one of the very first med spas in Little Rock. Rejuvenation employees Dr Bob Young and Sara Molsbee, RN in the Med Spa and together they perform injectables, laser treatments, chemical peels, microneedling, lamprobe, hydra facials and so much more! Let me just tell you there is a laundry list of treatments I would love to get from them. Just keeping it real with you!
Next we got to take a peek at the mani/pedi room and then one of the facial rooms. Rejuvenation offers all sorts of facials including their own signature facial, fitness facials, rosacea facials, oxygen facials, hydrafacials and so many more! You can also add of eye treatments, lip treatments, paraffin dips, microdermabrasion and extractions to any facial.
After that we toured the massage rooms and learned about all the different massages Rejuvenation offers. I got a 30 minute express massage but they also offer couples massages, swedish massages, deep tissue massages, bamboo massages and more.
Rejuvenation also offers mud wraps, body scrubs and full body waxing. They also have lots of package options is you want more than one treatment at a time. I don’t know about you but I love a good package deal. Full on spa day here I come!!
Rejuvenation carries some of my very favorite product lines such as Moroccanoil, Living Proof, Jane Iredale, Capri Blue Candles, Skinn Therapeutic, Natura Bisse, UltraLuxe and so much more!!
Rejuvenation also carries the highly sought after Tan Towels and Fake Bake that everyone has been using to get ready for summer!!
So if you are in central Arkansas and are in need of some serious pampering then call Rejuvenation today and get yourself an appointment!! If pampering isn’t your thing then grab a gift card for your Mom or someone else who is in need of some self-care!! Mother’s Day is coming up soon…
You can also get yourself entered to WIN a $25 gift card to Rejuvenation right here!! Leave me a comment telling me what spa service you want the most or head on over to my blog’s Facebook page and tell me on this post and I will draw a winner on Wednesday May 10!! The only rule is that you must be a central AR resident!!
Have you been to a spa before??
Have you been to Rejuvenation Clinic & Med Spa??