It is finally summer and I don’t know about you but I have one thing on my mind right now, SHORTS. Y’all it is hot down south and has been for some time now but I have been reluctant to wear shorts so far because my legs are super white. It’s bad y’all…I didn’t get out in the sun much last year because I knew I would be having varicose vein surgery soon and my doctor told me to keep out of the sun as much as I could so I did. So here we are, summer 2017, and my legs are whiter than they have ever been but since it’s so dang hot outside I don’t even care!! HA!!
So today I have rounded up some of my absolute favorite plus size shorts for y’all and I’m not talking about long, unattractive bermuda shorts either (if you like bermuda shorts then I’m sorry if that offended you). For some reason most clothing manufacturers think that plus size people should wear bermuda shorts down to our knees all summer long and I tend to think otherwise. Also bermuda shorts make my legs look short and who wants that? Not me! All that said I don’t want my shorts to be super short either, I like my shorts to hit mid-thigh…short enough to legit be called shorts and long enough to cover up the biggest part of my thighs. Clear as mud right? Let me show you…
1. Ellie dark wash shorts with wide hem. I ordered these the other day and can’t wait to get them in!! They look like they will hit in just the right spot and I love a pair of good dark wash denim shorts.
2. Utility Shorts with knit waistband. I also ordered these and hope they work for me also!! I love a good pair of casual khaki shorts that you can dress both up and down and I think will be perfect for those purposes.
3. Chino Shorts in red. Yes, I also have these on order! HA! I love a bright pair of shorts to wear because I love a good pop of color during the summer months.
4. The Modernist Lena Suit Shorts. These I actually own and can’t wait o find an occasion to wear them. To me they are more of a dressy short and I love the crispness of them. Plus everyone should have a great pair of dressy black shorts in their arsenal.
5. Chino Shorts in Seafoam Sky. These are just like the red shorts but in a fun sea foam blue! I think these will pop against a pair of tan legs, which I hope to acquire soon (beach here I come!!).
6. Patch Pocket Denim Weekend Shorts. These are a favorite pair that I bought last summer in a lighter color and wore them out! LOL! This year I purchased these in this dark wash and in a medium wash and in white. These are definitely my go-to’s right now and I love the way they hit in just the right spot and are super comfy!
I am super excited about all of these shorts because I am headed to the beach in a few weeks!! I haven’t been to the beach in a few years and I am super pumped to go!!
I plan on wearing shorts out pretty much every night we are there with all of my bright colored kimonos of course!! I am also taking plenty of monogrammed shirts (my sister makes them!!) to wear when dressing a little more casual. I don’t know about you but I always overpack when headed on vacation, especially to the beach. Because let’s be real, I only wear swimsuits during the day and shorts and cute tops at night. I like to keep it simple! So fingers crossed I don’t overpack too bad, HA!!
Also before you flaunt those legs in your shorts this summer be sure and check out my post on how to make your shaved legs last longer!!
What are your favorite shorts to wear during the summer??
Do you like bright colored shorts or just denim??
*This post contains affiliate links.